Take care of your nails and keep them shiny while preventing common nail problems like breakage, etc. For those who have the habit of applying nail paints regularly, putting in a little extra effort to pamper your nails should be a part of your schedule. And there is nothing quite like going the natural way when it comes to beauty.
Signs of Healthy Nails:
- Nails plates are a pinkish-white color
- Cuticles are existent (so don’t cut them)
- Nails and white tips are even lengths
- Prominent half moon shaped white section at the nail base
- Use moisturizer
When rubbing lotion or oil into your hands, make sure you work it into the cuticles and nails,too. Coconut oil is excellent for rubbing into your nails and cuticles.
- Care for your cuticles
Avoid having your cuticles trimmed during a manicure. Cuticles are meant to be a barrier for bacteria, and cutting them can lead to painful infections. Trim away only dead pieces of skin.
- Olive oil
Using nourishing oils, such as olive oil, can help keep your nails shiny by nourishing the cuticles from deep within. Olive oil has great moisturizing properties.
- Clean your nails thoroughly.
- Warm a small bowl of olive oil and deep your fingers for 15 minutes.
- Wipe clean with atowel and repeat the process daily
- Lemon juice
It act as a greate cleanser, and is also known to help get rid od discolouration.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda in a small bowl of water, and add one tablespoon of lemon juice into the mix.
- Soak your nails for about 10 minutes.
- Then with the help of a brush, gently scrub your nails and wash clean.
- Rose water
- Rose water not only acts as a mood enhancer but also works wonders to keep the nails in the pink of health. It has antiseptic, antibacterial and antioxidant properties, and acts as a natural moisturizer.
Use rose water regularly after cleaning your fingers thoroughly.